Victoria Falls is a dream wedding destination. Every detail of your ceremony and reception is tailor- made by our team of professionals to suit your needs – be it beside the Victoria Falls, on the banks of the Zambezi River or at sunset overlooking a wildlife-rich waterhole at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
Our team of hoteliers, caterers, safari guides, beauticians and florists are happy to plan and take care of all arrangements for your wedding ceremony and reception to make your special day perfect for you, with no two weddings ever the same.
Built of thatch and timber, and surrounded by pristine wilderness the sunset- facing Victoria Falls Safari Lodge resort has several great venues for both wedding ceremonies and receptions, but our team may also arrange your nuptials at a range of locations off the property.
Every detail of your wedding can be designed to meet your preferences, including the menu, which is prepared and delivered by professionally trained award winning hotel staff, so will not disappoint.
Your Ceremony – on the property
Our options include:
- Victoria Falls Safari Lodge’s library – situated at the top most viewing point of the lodge and overlooking the waterhole, at sunset this private venue offers a beautiful setting for a memorable and intimate ceremony for a maximum of 15 people.
- Victoria Falls Safari Lodge amphitheatre – this open-air venue with a levelled stage area and surrounded by terraced grassed banks is the largest on the resort and comfortably accommodates 200 people.
- The Indaba Conference Room – this thatched A-frame building opens onto a small balcony overlooking the African bushveld with a view of the spray of the Victoria Falls. It can accommodate 100 people.
- Other onsite options may also be discussed with our team.
Your Ceremony – off the property
Your options include:
- Banks of the Zambezi River – begin your married life surrounded by African bush (you may get the occasional uninvited guest, like an elephant or two or baboons!) beside one of Africa’s largest and most beautiful rivers.
- On the Zambezi River – on a boat gently drifting down the river.
- The Elephant Wallow – located in Victoria Falls National Park, the ‘Wallow’, part of the Wild Horizons Wildlife Sanctuary and Orphanage, can accommodate 100 guests. Interaction with the elephants can be arranged on request.
- Victoria Falls Rainforest – details available on request.
All of these options are also available for your reception too.
On the property:
- Nandi Gardens – in the grounds of Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, this is perfect for a reception under the stars, and can accommodate 100 guests.
- The Indaba Conference Room and Boardroom – both venues lend themselves to a reception never to be forgotten. The Indaba Conference Room seats 70 guests for dinner, or 40 guests, with a dance floor. The Boardroom can accommodate 20 guests for a gala dinner.
- The Boma and MaKuwa-Kuwa restaurants – the Boma, which celebrates superb game dishes and local traditions, may be booked exclusively for very large groups (minimum of 250 guests). Alternatively, you may book one of the Boma “villages” for your private party or reception. MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant, partially open-air and with excellent views over the resort’s wildlife-rich waterhole, making it a unique venue, may be booked exclusively if 60 to 80 per cent of the wedding guests are staying at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
- In the African bush – celebrate your marriage under the stars surrounded by wilderness.